Le 8 septembre 2016, 12:25 dans Humeurs • 0
Soil nail walls are particularly well suited to excavation applications for ground conditions that require vertical or near-vertical cuts and have been shown to be particularly well suited in the following temporary or permanent applications:
· Roadway cut excavations
· Road widening under an existing bridge end
· Tunnel portals
· Hybrid soil nail systems
· Repair and reconstruction of existing retaining structures
· Temporary or permanent excavations in an urban environment
Soil nail wall advantages:
· Can follow irregular curves
· Portability for tight spaces
· Flexible, easily modified techniques
· Installation of soil nail walls is fast and cost-effective
· Less noise and traffic obstructions
· Minimal impact on nearby properties
· Minimum shoring space required
During soil nail wall construction, following tips should be tested to ensure construction quality.
1. Inspection of raw materials.
2.Inspection of grouting strength and sprayed concrete strength.
3. Thickness inspection of sprayed concrete.
4. Soil nail pull-out resistance test.
5. Measurement of support displacement.
6. Inspection of floor state of crack.
7. Observation of surrounding buildings, pipe lines and other facilities.
8. Variation of underground water and leakage water.
During construction process, designed parameter should be adjusted according to problems that have been found to guarantee structures’ stability. It also demands to do inspection work to ensure security, time limit for project and economical efficiency.